Sunday, May 20, 2012

Surprise!

We celebrated Mother's early this year.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom and friend!  Love you mom!

 The weather has been wonderful and we have been outside as much as possible.  We are so lucky to live in such a kid friendly neighborhood!  On any given day, we could have 2-6 neighbors in the yard playing.  Elle LOVES Reagan!  Reagan (who is only 6) is so good to Elle, she will push her in the swing, dig in the sandbox, blow bubbles for her.  Elle just lights up when she sees Reagan home! :)
 We reached 90 degrees two days in a row....and it was a "daddy week", so he got out the pool (and slide) and it was a magnet for kids! :)

 Elle L.O.V.E.D. it!  I can't wait until we can go to the public pool (well really I can, because the last thing I want to do it put on a swimsuit (maternity at that...urgh!).  But I know Elle will have a blast...

 Hanging out on the front steps with a few of the neighbor girls.
 What you don't wear your sunglasses to eat breakfast?????  Is she not the cutest thing you have ever seen....

 I have been sadly counting down the days...I have had a few years to make fun of Dave, my brother, Amy....but it was finally my turn.  I turned the big 3-0 this weekend.  I was not dreading it, but I didn't like the idea that David had to work so I would be alone ALL day, pregnant and couldn't drink!  URGH....

Little did I know, David had other plans.  He told me 3+ weeks ago that he had scheduled a massage for me on my birthday.  I was so excited, but immediately went "who is going to watch Elle, you work?".  He said, I called your parents and they want to come over to celebrate with you and will watch her.  Oh how wonderful!  Now I can get a massage, and not be alone! 

I started to get a little suspicious when he had to take a few phone calls outside...
And he said Friday, I hope people like my yard..."people" what people.  He quickly covered up with the neighbors..

So my day went like this.
Lunch with some lovely lady friends.
Massage
On my way home, I looked on the side streets and didn't see any cars, so I figured I was in the clear.....

Nope, I was wrong!  There was a house full of people, counters filled with food, balloons everywhere, and I teared up! 

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.  This is soooo not his "thing".  He is NOT a planner and looks to me when someone asks about a date.  I am so impressed and thankful that he took the time to make my birthday so special.  
I also need to thank everyone for bringing something, and being here to help celebrate! I am one lucky girl to have so many wonderful people in my life!!

Baby update:

I am currently 18 weeks.  I am starting to feel better and am beginning to feel hungry again.  I have eaten meat, but still prefer fruit, and salads.  I am still exhausted, but it is the end of the school year (which is just as or more crazy than the beginning), and I have an almost 2 year old to chase around so I am hoping to feel more rested this summer...

I felt baby for the first time about 1 1/2 weeks ago...LOVE that feeling!  Now I can't wait for our next appointment on the 30th!  I will be 20 weeks, which means 1/2 way and ultrasound!!  I want to see our little peanut again!

No comments:

Post a Comment