Thursday, May 3, 2012

3 Will Become 4

 I am sure many of you have been waiting for a baby update....here it is!

Baby #2 is due to arrive October 19, 2012.  

We are very excited and nervous all at the same time.  Elle seems to be hitting the "terrible twos" early, hopefully she will get it all out of her system before baby arrives in the Fall.  (wishful thinking right?!?)


We had a doctor appointment Tuesday afternoon.  Babies heart beat was a strong 152.  I needed that reassurance, and I was just feeling fat.  It is hard when you can't feel baby yet, but your tummy is growing...I start to question myself.  Our next appointment is "the big one"... which brings me to the Q&A part of this post.

  1. Will you find out the sex of baby #2? No, we love a surprise and will be happy with a healthy baby!
  2. How far along are you? I am currently 16 weeks, safely in our second trimester.
  3. How have you been feeling?  T.I.R.E.D.  and HUGE I know that this is normal (especially in your first trimester) and this time around, I can't nap anytime I need/want to...I have a busy almost 2 year old wanting my full attention!  I have had NO appetite and please, please don't feed me MEAT....YUCK!  Especially ground beef.  Thankfully, I have not had any morning sickness.
  4. Is this pregnancy different than Elle's?  Yes, with Elle I could eat anything any time of day!  My stomach just doesn't feel "right" most days, hopefully that will pass....soon!  My sciatica (spelling??) is really bothering me and never did with Elle
  5. Do we have names picked out?  For a boy yes, girl no.  And we are NOT sharing....sorry!
  6. How long will you take of work?  Unfortunately, I won't be able to take as long.  I will take off through the first of the year, approximately 2 1/2 months.
  7. Does Elle get it yet? She knows what the ultra sound picture is.  She will say "baby, baby".  She has also been noticing my bigger belly and pointing, I just keeping saying baby.  So no, she doesn't really get it and probably won't until her world is turned upside down! 
I have definatley had some "pregnancy moments" already...
  • Turned the shower off without washing my hair.  Yeah, it wasn't even wet, so when I went to dry it, I had to turn the shower back on and actually wash it!
  • Headed to Target for a few things.  Moisturizer was on my list....came home with facial soap!  I didn't even go to the right aisle!  Didn't realize it until I got out of the shower the next day and grabbed my empty bottle of moisturizer....oh boy!
I am sure that is just a start to what is to come...got to love what pregnancy does to your brain!!!
 
Baby is the size of an avocado.  He/She is 4-5inches long, weighing about 3oz.  Hair, lashes and eyebrows are beginning to grow as well as taste buds are forming.  Baby is now able to hear my voice...crazy!

So here we go, three will become four in October!


No comments:

Post a Comment