Thursday, July 22, 2010

We survived our first week!

We have been home for a week and a half now and it feels good to be in the comforts of our house!

Wednesday July 14th, we were discharged from the hospital. As I mentioned in the previous post, we left in a horrible rain storm, sheets and sheets of rain...but we made it safely home. Thanks for the balloon Heather!

I had been anxiously awaiting the meeting of Paisley and Elle. It went really well, Paisley is very interested in Elle and is always checking on her. She has learned rather quickly that Elle comes first now. I was very nervous about her licking Elle to death, only a lick here and there when mom or dad are not looking.

When we got home we had a visitor waiting for us, Grandpa Bill. Elle is Grandpa Bill's 3rd grandchild.

We had lots of fun things waiting at home for a baby to try. Elle used her Moses basket the first night home.

Elle is sleeping downstairs in the bassinet. It is chilly downstairs, but Elle seems to be a "hot body" like her daddy and doesn't mind.

She LOVES her swing!

We made our first outing Thursday...I know, I know. What am I thinking taking a 4 day old shopping, well we needed to get some accessories for newborn pictures. We made a trip to Whippersnappers, a baby boutique in Eau Claire.

Elle was spoiled by gramma, look at all of those bows! Daddy isn't a big fan, but mommy thinks they are great!

Elle got her first bath at home Thursday night. She wasn't so sure about getting her body washed, but loved getting her hair washed.

Friday Elle had her first doctor appointment, she had a weight check after losing so much in the hospital. We are happy to report that she gained 6 ounces since we left the hospital. I weighed her today and is us up to 7lbs. 5oz! We are going in the right direction!

Elle went to her first party on Saturday, Finley's 2nd birthday party. Ironically, Finley's first party was our house warming party. Elle had to wear one of her new bows...isn't she too cute! She wasn't the only newborn there, Maddie is three weeks old. They both have a full head of hair!

We have taken a few slow walks in the neighborhood. There are so many mosquitoes, that we have to put a net over the stroller. :( I am not able to walk that far yet, with my low blood levels, I can only make it to the corner and back...Elle could go for miles. Soon, we will be back to our "normal" walks and look forward to walking with friends!

The humidity finally went down and we hung out on the front porch.

Elle's belly button is all healed up already, so she got to take a "big girl" bath Wednesday night. She was so content in the tub, I could have let her sit in there until she was a prune!

Saturday, Elle was spoiled once again. Connie (Grandma Maureen's good friend) hosted an after the baby was born shower. It was so nice to see family and friends, we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at Connie's wonderful home.

Jenna will make a great babysitter someday, Elle was so content in her arms.

After the shower, we headed to Grandpa Maureen's house for some time with Elle's cousins (Brock and Aftin). They are growing up so fast, Brock is going to preschool this fall! Brock made us a special treat (he loves to cook), chocolate dipped pretzels...yummy! Thanks Brock.

Grandma Maureen and Elle match! Grandma was so patient at the shower and let everyone else get their time snuggling Elle, but she made up for it at her house!

Elle, David and I are so lucky, my mom stayed with us for our first week home. But really, she has been here the last 3 weeks. The first week, she sat around with me waiting for Elle to make her arrival, she went home Friday July 9th and then came right back Saturday July 1oth and has been here ever since. We would NOT have eaten, had clean dishes or clothes and I would have had a mental break down. All of this is new to us and it was soo wonderful to have her expertise and advice. Thank you gramma for all of your help these last 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment