Sunday, July 18, 2010

Elle Marie

Elle Marie Rueber made her entrance into the world Sunday July 11, 2010 at 1am. She weighed 7lbs. 3oz and has a full head of thick dark hair.

It all started Friday July 9th (one day after her due date). It was the ninth inning of the Menomonie Eagles baseball game and David was pitching. With only one out left in the game, my water broke (well leaking is a better way to describe it). David finished the game and we headed home to Eau Claire, I was in no rush because I was positive it was my water. I made a call to labor and delivery around 11pm, they wanted me to come in to get checked. Sure enough, my water that we knew we were at the hospital and would be going home with a baby, we were excited!

The nurse checked my cervix and I was only 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, this is what I measured at my appointment on Wednesday. I got hooked up to the monitors and my IV started. Dr. Peltier was on call that night and stopped in to see how things were going, she said if there was no progress by 6am we would start pitocin. The nurse told us to try and get some rest, that is easier sad than done, I was so anxious and nervous all at the same time.

It is now 6am, my pitocin drip is started hoping it will change my cervix. Around 11am I began to have some mild contractions inconsistently. Then as the afternoon went on, they got more and more intense and closer together. By 4pm they were 2 minutes apart, very intense and with every contraction Elle's heart rate would drop. Dr. Dovre was now the on the call doctor and he came in to exam me, I was only 3-4cm and 75% effaced and he decided to stop the pitocin. The pitocin was causing too much stress on Elle. With such little change in my cervix, I couldn't take it anymore....I asked for an epidural. I was already exhausted from a long night without much sleep and only being 4 cm I just needed some relief.

Our 2 wonderful labor and delivery nurses, Heather & Becky.

Once the epidural kicked in I was able to take a nap! It is now around 9pm I again was checked and now was about 9cm and almost completely effaced...we are getting closer and closer. Finally 10cm and fully effaced, I began pushing around 12am Sunday morning (now about 25 hours of labor). I pushed for 1 hour and Elle was born at exactly 1am! When the doctor said IT'S A GIRL! David and I looked at each other in shock....a girl! Of course we are so excited and love her to death! We are so happy that she is healthy and finally with us.

Elle's first bath...look at ALL that hair!

It was a long journey to meet our beautiful daughter, but every minute was soo worth it! David was so supportive through the whole experience. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and Elle is even more lucky to have such a wonderful daddy!

Sunday we had lots of visitors to meet the newest member of the Rueber family. Thank you to all who came to visit!

Grandpa holding his first grandchild!

Grandma holding Elle.

Grandma Maureen & Elle

Uncle Adam

Aunt Amy

Elle's cousins Brock and Aftin

Monday night I sent David home to get a good night rest, before we headed home Tuesday. Well, around midnight the nurse came in so Ellle could nurse and told me she needed to talk to me about her weight. All babies lose weight, but Elle had lost too much and needed to stay another day. Everything is worse in the of the night, I lost it besides the fact that David wasn't there....not a good night. I wasn't upset that we had to stay another night, I was so nervous about my baby girl. So our hospital stay was a total of 5 nights. When we went home on Wednesday Elle had gained weight and moving in the right direction. She now eats like a champ! :)

All of our visitors SPOILED Elle so much we needed to take 2 cart loads to the car! Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful and thoughtful gifts, Elle is so lucky to have all of you in her life!

We decided to head home in a horrible rain storm. Once we were discharged and heading to the car, the rain was coming down in sheets...not the best weather to put your newborn into car. We sat inside the hospital by the exit for about 15-20 minutes waiting for the rain to calm down. When it finally did, we were on our way home.

Here is my favorite picture from the hospital! David and I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful and healthy baby girl! We are so excited to watch her grow into a young little lady.

Life is busy with a newborn, I will try and post our time at home by the end of the week! :)

We have had lots of questions about how to pronounce Elle's name -- Just to clarify, it is pronounced like the letter L.

No comments:

Post a Comment