Sunday, May 9, 2010

Are You My Mother?

Countdown

Baby Rueber's estimated arrival - 8 weeks
Summer vacation - 21 school days

I have had an extremely busy two weeks. Two LONG DAYS (12-13 hours) at school, Spring music program the last week of April and last week Kindergarten Kountdown (we meet the new Kindergartners for next year). My energy level isn't what it used to be and that was very evident these last two weeks!

This weekend I went home to Oconto Falls for a shower thrown by my mom. The shower was held at Thornberry Golf and Country Club, the same place where our wedding reception was.


I wasn't the only one with a baby belly! Gretchen (left) is due in October and Chloe (right) is due June 14th, they are both pregnant with their second and have little boys at home.


We had a beautiful view of the golf course, the shower was in the "porch room" with windows ALL around.


We are ALL here! I have such a wonderful group of friends and I am so thankful that we all keep in touch. Even though our lives take all of us in different directions, we still manage to see each other every few months. Each time we are together it is like we never missed a day together, I love you girls! Thank you so much for making my baby shower so special. And to all of the moms, thank you so much for coming it was so nice to see you!

From left to right (mom's): Adele, Cheryl, Laura, Julie, Yvonne, Norma
From left to right (the girls): Liza, Beth, Me, Chloe, Megan, Shelly

The Highland Drivers! Neighborhood family friends and second mother's.

From left to right: Marie, Jill, Laura, Sue, Jenny, Peg


Baby Rueber is one lucky baby! He/she sure got spoiled at this shower! We got many wonderful things that will help make life with a little one easier.

Baby Rueber got some very special gifts too! The elephant chain was made by my grandmother and hung from my crib as a baby. The Goose was made by a friend of my mom's and was given to me in the hospital. The little lamb (which all of my girl friends think it looks like the lamb cake!) was made by my grandmother as well.


Each person was asked to bring a book in leui of a card to help build a library for Baby Rueber. We got so many wonderful books, all which have a story behind them. It was such a neat idea and I will think of each person when I read these books to our little peanut.


I was given a few very special books as well. These books were some of my favorites when I was little. They were still is pretty good shape, considering some of them were read daily!

My favorites as a child:
Are You My Mother? Each Peach Pear Plum (both in the above picture), My Yard, My House and Who Says That


Happy Mother's Day and early Father's Day! David and I bought a glider and matching ottoman as our "Mother's/Father's Day to be" gifts. It is very comfortable and I foresee it being used a great deal in the near future!


The nursery continues to evolve. The dresser came in two weeks ago and we (David) finally had a day to go get it! The dresser will double as the changing table... isn't it beautiful!


I want to say thank you again to everyone for the wonderful gifts, to my sister-in-law Amy and her mom Kathy for making the trip from Menomonie and especially to my mom for all of her hard work getting ready for the shower! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment