Sunday, February 21, 2010

We are Half Way There!

Well, as the title of this post says...we are HALF WAY!!!! Only approximately 137 days until we meet our little peanut!

Baby R. weighs around 10 1/2 ounces and is approximately 10 inches from head to heel. This week the way baby is measured changes from head to bottom to head to heel. So with the "new" measurement Baby R. is about the size of a large banana.

I continue to feel good, and feel like I have "popped" in the last week or so! There is definitely a round ball protruding from my front side! The only thing that is bothering me is sleeping. Even though I am not that big yet...I am a back or stomach sleeper and BOTH are off limits. So I toss and turn from side to side all night long.

So ice softball was LAST weekend and for some reason "the beard" stuck around until Saturday morning. It has finally disappeared....and I finally have my husband back!

Here is a before picture..
Who do you think he looks like? Moses? Saddam Hussein (when he was pulled out of his hole)?


Drum roll please....
And finally the after! My husband has returned!

Saturday night we headed to Menomonie for a Stout hockey game. I never attended a hockey game in the 4 1/2 years that I attended Stout, and learned that they tailgate before the games. Thank goodness for the ginormous fire, because standing outside 5 months pregnant is NOT my idea of fun...everyone else had a little liquid warmth to help keep them toasty! :)

My other two brothers Matt and Kyle were in town visiting. It was great to see the two of them! Thanks for making the trip.


I kept trying to creep closer to the fire...David was too hot and kept moving away.

It was the first round of playoffs (Stout vs. Stevens Point). Stout won the game Friday night, so they needed to win Saturday night to advance. The first game went into overtime with Stevens Point scoring a goal within the first minute of overtime. Then they played a mini game (20 minutes), which ended in a tie again. In the second 20 minute mini game, Stevens Point scored in the first 45 seconds advancing them to the next round.


Next week is our "big ultrasound". We will NOT be finding out what baby is, but we are excited to see him/her moving and kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment