Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Trimester...Check!

Well, we have made it through our first trimester, Tuesday, December 22 we will be 13 weeks. We have a Dr. appointment Tuesday as well, and we get to hear the heart beat, this will really make it real for Dave. We can't wait.

Since we have posted last, I got sick for the first time during my pregnancy. I had this cough/runny nose for about 2 1/2-3 weeks and finally went to the Dr. I had bronchitis, they put me on a antibiotic (yes it was safe to take while pregnant) and I feel much better! I hope this isn't a sign as to how this winter pregnancy is going to treat me!

Baby Stats:

Baby Rueber is the size of a lime. From crown to rump measuring 2 inches and weighing about 1/2 an ounce! The most dramatic development this week is reflexes. Baby R will soon be able to open and close his/her fingers, curls toes and his/her mouth will make a sucking motion! Baby Rueber's eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head and ears are right where they should be. Baby R is looking more and more like a human everyday! Not going to lie, Baby R kinda has looked alien like...

Week 12 notice the Be Band that I sport every day! It is an elastic band that allows me to wear my pre-pregnancy pants (unbuttoned). I am not ready or big enough for maternity clothes, but this helps me feel comfortable.

We have gotten a few gifts for us and for Baby Rueber. I promise not to post every gift, but I have to share one! Thank you everyone for the wonderful cards and gifts!

I have had 2 great University students working in my classroom 2 days a week all semester. I shared the news with the girls and here is what I got from one of them. She knows that I am a huge Packer fan and that Dave is a huge Viking fan, yet she did not know that we have asked everyone NOT to buy football apparel...So you can imagine my reaction when I opened the gift. I died laughing and when I showed Dave he said...."Burn it!" I promised Dave that we would get a Viking outfit and can change the baby in between games!


We have subscribed to a new magazine...

We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Travel safe and enjoy your time with family and friends.
Love,
The Ruebers



1 comment: